HOSP 220 : TECHNOLOGY IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Learn the basics of purchasing, implementing, maintaining, and effectively managing a variety of technology systems such as reservations systems, room management, guest accounting, property management, catering software, point-of-sale, food and beverage management, and security maintenance for technology.
- Identify and evaluate common technology systems used in hospitality operations.
- Describe the various ways in which hospitality businesses use technology to process reservations and manage rooms.
- Identify and explain the function of common Property Management (PMS) interfaces, which include point-of-sale systems, call accounting systems, energy management systems, electronic locking systems, and guest-operated devices.
- Identify Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standard (DSS) objectives and requirements.
- Explain the functions and use of food and beverage management applications, including those concerning recipe and menu management, sales analysis, and pre/postcosting.
- Identify and describe the catering software and accounting applications that are available to hospitality businesses.
- Identify the various threats to technology systems and the security precautions that should be taken to keep those systems safe.
At a Glance
Program: Hospitality and Ecotourism