HOSP 230 : EVENT PLANNING
Overview of event planning, coordination and catering. Students will explore professional event coordination and develop a comprehensive event plan that focuses on guest experience. Learn catering operations including menu planning and design, pricing, equipment, and staffing.
- Deﬁne the breadth of event types and opportunities for professional event coordination.
- Identify the food and beverage needs of the audience, participants, staff, and other stakeholders at an event.
- Develop a strategy for creating and coordinating a comprehensive event experience.
- Identify potential event sites and evaluate their suitability to select the best ﬁt for an event.
- Organize efﬁcient, effective, and safe waste control plans including strategies to ensure a sustainable event environment.
- Determine and procure suitable and effective collateral materials that will support the marketing strategies of an event.
- Identify the staging and equipment needs to facilitate the functional requirements of the event environment.
- Describe operational controls for catering including costing, presentation, pricing, production, purchasing and service.
- Develop and present an event plan.
At a Glance
Program: Hospitality and Ecotourism