Learn best practices and future directions in the hotel operations management. Apply strategies for flow of the guest experiences, from reservation, arrival, and registration, to service purchasing, departure, billing, and record keeping. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Describe the structures of traditional and modern hotel industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to forecast availability and overbooking of hotel rooms.
- Demonstrate ability to manage guest services from arrival to departure.
- Draw connections to other hospitality functions, related industries, and the broader economy.
- Classify hotel internationalization; green operations; financing sources; boutique and urban collections; and reservations strategy.
- Calculate occupancy percentages, average daily rates, and actual percentage of potential rooms revenue.