This course covers technical skills with mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization, cloud computing and network troubleshooting. Includes skills required for installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, and software troubleshooting. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Demonstrate how to Identify, connect, and utilize hardware components and devices, including the broad knowledge of different devices necessary to support the remote workforce.
- Demonstrate the ability to install, configure and support Windows including command line.
- Demonstrate skills with client operating system (OS) support, system configuration imaging and troubleshooting for Mac OS, Chrome OS, Android and Linux.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including common OS, malware and security issues.
- Explain types of networks and connections including Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), wireless and Small Office Home Office (SOHO).
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills with real-world device and network issues.
- Describe how to Install and configure laptops and other mobile devices and support applications to ensure connectivity for end users.