Overview of the fundamental concepts underlying computer programming languages. Course covers the theory, design, and use of computer programming languages. Students start with a survey of computer programming languages and their various paradigms, syntax, and usages. Students will study computer programming languages' history and emerging technologies. Students will learn the fundamentals and advanced usage of computer programming languages through a deep dive into one computer programming language. This class may include students from multiple sections.
Must be seeking a Bachelor of Applied Science in Management degree to enroll. If interested, visit pencol.edu/bas
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental concepts underlying computer programming languages, including formal theories, design principles, and practical applications.
2. Conduct a survey of different computer programming languages, examining their paradigms, syntax, and usages. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each language in different contexts.
3. Explore the evolution of computer programming languages, understanding the context in which different languages emerged. Explore emerging technologies and trends in the field of computer programming languages.
4. Demonstrate understanding of one specific computer programming language, exploring both its fundamental concepts and advanced features. Develop practical skills in writing, debugging, and optimizing code in this language.
5. Apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-world problems using the chosen programming language. Develop proficiency in using the language for algorithmic problem-solving, data manipulation, and software development.