IT 260 : Introduction to Unix/Linux Systems Administration
An introduction to the Unix/Linux operating system and Unix/Linux system administration. Prepares student for CompTIA Linux+ Part A exam.
- Analyze problems and design Linux/UNIX solutions using shell command files and scripts.
- Describe how Linux/UNIX supports processes, memory management, input/output, and the file system.
- Describe the functions of an operating system.
- Describe the main Linux/UNIX system administration tasks.
- Employ common Linux/UNIX shell features including I/O redirection, piping, command substitution, and simple job control.
- Explain shell-specific facilities including the use of environmental and local variables, and the built-in programming language.
- Set up a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Use common and advanced Linux/UNIX utilities.