IS 102 : Comparative Arts
Exploration of thematic and stylistic connections between art forms, focusing on both theory and creative application. Art forms may include painting, photography, sculpture, dance, poetry, fiction, theater, film, and music. (H)
- Identify major art forms and explain their development, their principle elements and styles, and some of the best known examples of each.
- Describe the thematic and stylistic connections between different art forms.
- Discuss the value of diversity in artistic expression.
- Discuss how art affects human beings, including why it occurs and how it functions in society.
- Explain how art enhances the understanding of what it means to be human.