IS 107 : History of Reason
Exploration of a theme, area of knowledge, or period of intellectual history, focusing on seminal ideas and paradigm shifts.(H)
- Discuss the processes involved in the advancement of knowledge.
- Discuss the seminal ideas associated with specific themes, area of knowledge, or periods of intellectual history.
- Explain the historical context within which important intellectual (ie. Scientific, sociological, cultural, philosophical, mathemetical) breakthroughs were developed.
- Explain the paradigm shift that accompanies important intellectual discoveries.
- Discuss the impact, the breakthroughs, and discoveries have had on modern life.