MATH 063/064 : Introduction to Algebra
Fundamentals of arithmetic using integers, fractions, decimals, exponents, and square roots; solving basic linear equations; solving problems using percents, proportions, and basic geometry. This class will include students from multiple sections.
- Recognize the difference between a variable and a constant.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
- Follow the order of operations.
- Evaluate algebraic expressions given values for the variables.
- Translate English statements into algebraic statements.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, and simplify fractions.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimal numbers.
- Solve linear equations.
- Use the rules of exponents.
- Solve problems involving percent.
- Solve proportions.
- Apply and extend concepts to various problems.