MATH 111 : Finite Mathematics
A study of linear functions and modeling, systems of linear equations, matrices, linear programming, the mathematics of finance, sets, counting techniques, and probability. (QS, NS)
P (2.0 or higher) in MATH 090/091 or MATH& 148 or equivalent.
- Determine, solve, and interpret functions, linear functions and inequalities, and linear models, and systems of linear equations in algebraic and graph form.
- Determine, solve, and interpret matrices.
- Apply appropriate techniques to solve linear programming problems.
- Determine, solve, and interpret financial calculations related to compound interest, annuities, and loans.
- Demonstrate and utilize counting techniques and set theory.
- Determine discrete probabilities, including conditional probabilities.
- Use technology appropriately and efficiently.