MATH& 146 : Introduction to Stats
Introduction to methods and applications of elementary descriptive and inferential statistics; summarizing data graphically and numerically, probability, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, correlation and linear regression. This class will include students from multiple sections. (QS, NS)
P (2.0 or higher) in MATH 090/091 or equivalent.
- Communicate statistical ideas with appropriate notation and terminology.
- Describe, interpret and analyze data for one and two variables using verbal, numerical, and graphical representations.
- Examine populations by analyzing probability and randomness in data.
- Apply and interpret a variety of inferential statistical techniques.
- Determine, analyze, and apply correlation and linear regression models.
- Analyze and assess statistical arguments like those found in the popular press as well as in scholarly publications.
- Use technology appropriately and efficiently.