Global Information Systems (GIS) and mapping technologies provide tools to support restoration, protection, and preservation of natural resources and the environment. Students will learn how to use GIS for terrain and forest mapping. Class includes hands-on assignments with GIS software for computer mapping and data analysis. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Define geographic information system terms and tools
- Demonstrate the use of geographic information system tools to map forests and terrain
- Develop and manage a geodatabase
- Interpret and analyze mapped data
- Add geotagged photos to a map