NURS 212 : NURSING V - LAB
Nursing 212 is a clinical/lab course where students continue to demonstrate competencies necessary to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of those experiencing alterations in health across the lifespan. Focus on the acute care and obstetric health setting. Integrated concepts include holistic assessment, evidence based practice, caring, safety, patient teaching, organizing and managing care, collaboration, therapeutic communication, and professionalism.
- Analyze changes in health status in acute care and obstetric settings.
- Analyze the impact of complex developmental, emotional, cultural, religious and spiritual influences on the client’s health status.
- Analyze evidence based information to make clinical judgments and management decisions to ensure accurate and safe care for increasingly complex clients in acute care and obstetrics.
- Demonstrate holistic caring behavior towards the increasingly complex client, significant support person(s), peers, and other members of the health care team in the acute care and obstetric setting.
- Provide holistic accurate and safe nursing care in obstetric settings and in acute care setting with two increasingly complex patients.
- Provide teaching based on an individualized teaching plan for the increasingly complex client in the acute care and obstetric setting.
- Organize and manage holistic care in the obstetric setting and in the acute care setting for two increasingly complex clients.
- Supervise a group of students in the long-term care facility, delegating, monitoring, and evaluating appropriately.
- Collaborate with the increasingly complex client, significant support person(s) and other members of the healthcare team to achieve client outcomes in the acute care setting and obstetric setting.
- Utilize appropriate verbal and written channels of communication to achieve positive client outcomes for the increasingly complex client in the acute care setting and obstetric setting.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills when interacting with increasingly complex clients and support persons in the acute care and obstetric setting.
- Practice within the ethical, legal and regulatory frameworks of nursing and standards and scope of professional nursing practice for the increasingly complex client in the acute care and obstetric setting.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in the acute care and obstetric setting.
At a Glance