A comprehensive introduction to the basic, key areas of paralegal studies. Develop a comprehensive understanding of the laws in our society, the importance of ethical and professional responsibility, and the skills needed to thrive in the legal environment. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Describe the key skills and attributes of the professional paralegal.
- Describe the types of firms and organizations that hire paralegals.
- Explain typical policies and procedures governing paralegal employment.
- Describe the ethical and professional responsibilities of a paralegal.
- Explain how legal professionals are regulated.
- Demonstrate how to find some of the best legal resources available on the internet.