This course introduces computer hardware and software basics that apply to the legal environment. Students will learn and apply Microsoft Office components including Teams, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as they are used in the day-to-day life of paralegals. Students will also explore legal-specific software. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Create and edit word processing documents that are unique to the legal environment, including the use of templates, macros, creation of table of contents and table of authorities.
- Create and edit spreadsheets that are unique to the legal environment using multiple data types and Excel functions.
- Draft and manage professional correspondence through email software programs.
- Coordinate calendar meetings and events with multiple attendees.
- Demonstrate an understanding of electronic discovery software and procedures.
- Learn the proper method and procedures involved in document collaboration.
- Organize the timely completion of all assignments, exercises, and projects.