PHIL& 115 : CRITICAL THINKING
Study of informal logic. Emphasis on methods for identifying arguments, detecting common fallacies, and applying principles of correct inductive reasoning. Designed to improve rational thinking skills as applied to both belief and action. (H)
- Define and apply concepts of truth, validity, and soundness.
- Define and apply concepts of ambiguity and vagueness.
- Define and apply various informal fallacies.
- Define and apply induction by enumeration, statistical syllogism, and arment from analogy.
- Define and apply principles of correct causal reasoning.
- Define and apply sources of truth.
At a Glance