MED 125 : Introduction to Phlebotomy
This course introduces students to phlebotomy and is intended to provide an overview of the profession, discuss ethical issues regarding patient care, review job duties, and explore professional organizations, laws, and standards relevant to the profession. This class may include students from multiple sections.
Program application and acceptance; entry codes required to register for all MED courses.
- Review standards and guidelines relevant to patient care and the phlebotomy profession.
- Learn how to use an educational electronic medical record system to document patient care, orders, and lab results.
- Explore regulatory issues and legal considerations relevant to the profession.
- Discuss issues related to patient confidentiality and patient rights.
- Review and discuss human anatomy and blood collection sites and techniques.
- Describe physical requirements of the profession.