PHYS& 115 : General Physics II with Lab
Basic principles of physics presented without use of calculus. Suitable for students majoring in technically oriented fields other than engineering or the physical sciences. Heat and electromagnetism. (E)
PHYS& 114 or 121, or instructor’s permission
- Describe, explain, and use concepts relating to fluids to analyze and solve problems.
- Describe, explain, and use principles of thermodynamics to solve thermodynamics problems, including heat, entropy, and atomic models.
- Describe, explain, and use concepts surrounding electric interactions for static charge distributions.
- Describe, explain, and use concepts of electric potential, current, and resistance in solving electrical circuits problems.
- Describe, explain, and use concepts magnetism for permanent magnets and electromagnets, including changing electric and magnetic fields.
- Carry out and interpret experiments in the laboratory to answer electricity and magnetism questions during lab, as well on assessments.