PHYS& 223L : Engineering Physics III
Electromagnetic waves, optics, waves in matter, and experiments in these topics for physical science and engineering majors. (E)
concurrent enrollment or successful completion ofMATH& 163; PHYS& 222L, or permission of instructor.
- Describe, explain, and use the relationship between periodic motion and waves in one, two, and three dimensions to analyze and solve problems of energy transport.
- Describe, explain, and use concepts of geometric optics to understand principles of wave vs particle optics, and analyze and solve problems about wave-particle duality.
- Describe, explain, and use concepts relating to fluids to analyze and solve problems.
- Describe, explain, and use principles of thermodynamics to solve thermodynamics problems, including entropy and energy degradation.
- Design, carry out, and interpret experiments in the laboratory to answer electricity and magnetism questions during lab, as well on assessments.