Popular government in United States; theory and practice of national institutions. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Social Sciences, Elective)
- Analyze the formation, concepts, and components of the United States Constitution.
- Explain the idea of federalism and explain the role of states and the national government in America’s political environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of America’s political culture and examine the traits and beliefs of the American voter.
- Identify America’s major political parties, the core beliefs, and the impact special interest groups can have on their actions.
- Explain the electoral process in the United States.
- Analyze the organization and purpose of the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial branches of government.
- Explain the modern media and its impact on public opinion.