POLS& 204 : Comparative Government
This course introduces us to political systems and governments in different countries. We will learn some core approaches, concepts, themes, and theories that will help us understand, analyze, and compare domestic politics and institutions seen around the world. (SS)
- Demonstrate an understanding of various forms of political systems of countries in the world.
- Demonstrate familiarity with, and knowledge of, basic concepts, ideas, theories, and controversies in the field of comparative politics.
- Learn how historical and cultural differences influence the practice of politics in various countries.
- Recognize and evaluate some qualitative differences between various types of governance systems.
- Compare and contrast variations across countries systematically and analytically.
- Apply reading, writing, and verbal communication skills to examine and analyze important social, economic, and political issues of various countries.
- Apply knowledge gained in the class to think critically about current events and global affairs.
- Identify and locate continents, countries, capitals, etc. on a map.