SOC 205 : The Contemporary Family
Exploration of social and historical development of American family. Includes cross-cultural perspectives on family structures, sex and marriage, changing gender roles, impact of changing work-place on families at risk for violence, and substance abuse. Co-listed with ECE 205. (E)
SOC& 101, or 10 credits of ECE, or permission of instructor.
- Exhibit an understanding of professional ethics and behaviors.
- Assess individual strengths and limitations as a "Helping Professional."
- Develop basic diagnostic and data gathering skills.
- Identify various types of counseling techniques.
- Develop an understanding of the various community resources
- Identify, understand, and apply general principles of Sociological theory.
- Have some acquaintance with Sociological method, theory, and terminology
- Have a deeper understanding of how (and why) humans behave in groups.