SPAN& 121 : SPANISH I
Begins the four skills of mastering a second language—listening, reading, writing, speaking. Introduction to culture of the Spanish-speaking countries. Learner-centered instruction. (E)
- Demonstrate an awareness of cultural elements and understand their role in communication at the basic level.
- Apply new Spanish vocabulary through a variety of written and oral assignments at the basic level.
- Demonstrate novice level proficiency in listening, reading, speaking and writing in Spanish and the ability to function effectively in Spanish in a variety of real-life situations.
- Apply appropriate grammatical structures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural elements and their role that influences the language and the culture of the Spanish - speaking countries.
At a Glance