Transferring to and from Peninsula College

Transferring to Peninsula College

Peninsula College reserves the right to determine which classes are acceptable for transfer. Authority for acceptance of credits is the responsibility of Enrollment Services.

The decision to grant transfer credit is based upon several factors:

  • The program of study the student plan to study
  • For college-level courses completed with a D or 1.0 GPA. Below college level courses are not transferrable, but may be used for placement.
  • An official transcript from the granting institution is required to be evaluated and transferred. 
  • The length of time since the classes were taken (for example, Intro to Computer Science taken in 1990 would not transfer into the AAS in Computer Science)
  • Peninsula College does not grant credit for religion or theology courses that are sectarian in nature.

To have credits transferred, send your previous colleges' official transcripts to Peninsula College either by mail, electronic means or delivered to Enrollment Services in a sealed envelope directly from the other college. The Enrollment Specialist will then review and complete an official evaluation that will determine what credit may be granted toward graduation requirements. 

Advanced Placement (AP)

The Advanced Placement (AP) program consists of college-level courses and exams for high school students. The college follows statewide guidelines in awarding credit for AP exams. AP exams without comparable PC course offerings will be eligible for elective credit. Students who apply for AP credit must request that official AP scores be sent directly from the College Board to the PC Enrollment Services Office. AP credit is considered transferred-in credit and credit is posted on the student’s academic transcript at the time of acceptance. Acceptable scores and course equivalencies are available in Enrollment Services.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

The International Baccalaureate program consists of college-level courses and exams for high school students.  The college follows statewide guidelines in awarding credit for IB exams. Students who apply for IB credit must request that official IB scores be sent directly from International Baccalaureate to Peninsula College Enrollment Services office. IB credit is considered transferred-in credit and a notation is posted on the student’s academic transcript at the time of acceptance. Acceptable scores and course equivalencies are available in Enrollment Services. 

Career and Technical Education (CTE)

Dual Credit Students who complete approved high school CTE Dual Credit courses with a grade of “B” or better will receive academic credit. All CTE Dual Credit courses accepted for credit will be transcribed with the grade earned in the student’s high school course. Courses are only transcribed within the academic year the student completes the course work. Note: PC credit is awarded for CTE Dual Credit courses based on agreements between the college and local high schools to assist students in earning PC degrees and certificates. Award of the credit at PC does not guarantee or imply that other institutions will accept it as transfer credit.

Reciprocity Policy

In accordance with the Washington Community and Technical College (CTC) Inter-College Reciprocity Policy, Peninsula College offers reciprocity to students transferring within the CTC system who are pursuing the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) degree or the Associate in Science-Transfer (AS-T) degree.

High School/Dual Credit Transferring non-US Transcripts

Non-US transcripts must first be evaluated by a professional evaluator for foreign credentials. 


PC awards credits for College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams that meet the subject and score criteria agreed upon by the college departments that oversee each appropriate discipline. Acceptable scores and course equivalencies are published on WCC’s website. Students who apply for CLEP credit must request that official CLEP scores be sent directly from the College Board to the PC Enrollment Services Office. CLEP is considered transferred-in credit and is posted on the student’s academic record at the time of graduation. CLEP credits may not transfer to other colleges and universities. It is the student’s responsibility to contact transfer institutions regarding the acceptance of these credits.  

Military Training

PC values the training, knowledge, and experience provided to our military servicepersons. Anyone who has served in a branch of the United States armed services and who is enrolled at PC is eligible to have military training evaluated for college credit (RCW 28B.10.057).  

PC will make every effort to award credit for military training where possible. The following procedure is intended to clarify requirements, processes, and timelines for awarding credit. Students receiving veteran education benefits, active-duty tuition assistance or who desire evaluation of military training are required to complete the following:

  • • Declare intent to complete a program of study offered at PC
  • • Provide an official Joint Services Transcript (JST), from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), or from any other college/university attended.
  • • Submit all transcripts for evaluation within three terms of admission to the program or be decertified for benefits.
Transferring from Peninsula College

Peninsula College has set its general education requirements for the associate degrees (Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Related Programs) to conform with guidelines of the Washington Intercollege Relations Commission (ICRC) for direct transfer of degree credits. Washington baccalaureate colleges and universities accept these guidelines or have separate agreements with Peninsula College. Students entering those institutions with Associate of Arts (AA) degrees from Peninsula College are considered to be in their junior year and to have completed the general education requirements at those baccalaureate institutions.

Students should meet with a transfer advisor as early as possible to begin transfer planning. Visit to begin that process.

Individuals who plan to transfer from Peninsula College to a baccalaureate college or university are expected to meet the entrance requirements of that institution at the time of their transfer. You should obtain the current catalog from the institution to which you plan to transfer and study that school's entrance requirements, as well as reviewing suggested freshman- and sophomore-level courses in your major field of interest.

Institutions differ in the treatment of credits earned at Peninsula College with pass (P) or satisfactory (S) grades for courses in a major program of study. For example, they may compute a P grade as a C or D (a 2.0 or 1.0) and the College's S as a D (1.0) grade. In the same way, a receiving institution may consider an I (Incomplete) grade to be an F (0.0). Consult with the school you are transferring to. 

Your advising appointment will help you understand the transfer credit process. For new students, advising appointments are made through Pirate Central by calling (360) 417-6340 or emailing

If you make last-minute changes in your major area of study or in your choice of baccalaureate institutions, that may create challenges for a timely transfer of credits. Therefore, such changes should be discussed with your advisor as early as possible. 

Peninsula College courses numbered below 100 are not transferable to other institutions. Courses with titles containing the word “technical” or “technology” may not be transferable to all baccalaureate institutions. You should work with your advisor before planning to transfer courses that are specialized components of professional technical education programs that are listed by the ICRC as “restricted subject area” courses. Associate in Applied Science–Transfer degrees transfer to some colleges. Work with your advisor to identify transferring options.

You may earn more than 90 credits at Peninsula College, but the total number of credits accepted for transfer will be determined by the institution that you are transferring to.

Students who have completed the "Washington 45" requirements may be able to transfer and apply a maximum of 45 quarter credits toward general education requirements at any other public and most private higher education institutions in the state. For more information about "Washington 45," see The list of courses in "Washington 45" does not replace the Direct Transfer Agreement, Associate of Science Tracks I and II, or any Major Related Program agreement, nor will it guarantee admission to a four-year, baccalaureate institution.