WELD 110 : BEGINNING WELDING AND METAL FABRICATION I
First quarter of three-quarter series to produce trade welders qualified to enter the job market. Introduction to ARC welding, flame cutting, welding symbols, joint design, and welding terminology. Learn to lay out, cut, prepare, fit-up, and weld together metal to repair parts and fabricate projects.
- Identify some common hazards in welding.
- Explain and identify proper person protection used in welding.
- Describe how to avoid welding fumes.
- Explain how to avoid electrical shock.
- Identify and explain the use of oxyfuel cutting equipment.
- Operate oxyfuel station safely.
- Explain the plasma arc cutting processes.
- Prepare and set up plasma arc cutting equipment.
- Identify and explain the carbon arc cutting process.
- Prepare the work area and CAC equipment for safe operation.
- Clean base metal for welding or cutting.
- Identify and explain joint design.
- Mechanically bevel the edge of a mild steel plate.
- Identify and explain codes governing welding.
- Identify and explain weld imperfections and their causes.
- Perform a visual inspection of fillet welds.
- Identify electrodes and their design purpose.
- Set up shielded metal arc equipment.
- Describe methods of striking an arc.
- Make stringer welds in the flat and horizontal position.
- Identify and explain groove welds.
- Set up and weld a groove weld in the flat and horizontal position.
At a Glance