WELD 210 : Advanced Welding and Metal Fabrication I
Class includes preparation for American Welding Society (AWS) certification and introduction to flux cored arch and gas metal arc welding process. Learn to layout, cut, prepare, fit-up, and weld together metal to repair parts and fabricate projects using the flux cored arch welding (FCAW) and gas metal arch welding (GMAW).
WELD 130. Enrollment on space-available basis.
- Define Flux Cored Arc Welding and Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of Flux Cored Arc Welding and Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- Explain the difference between fully and semi-automatic welding.
- Name the industries where Flux Cored Arc Welding and Gas Metal Arc Welding are used the most.
- Learn the set up and operation of each component of both wire feed processes.
- Safety practices specific to working with electricity, shielding gases, and other welding hazards.
- Perform various types of welds and weld joints.
- Describe techniques and procedures for all positions.