Class includes preparation for American Welding Society (AWS) certification and introduction to flux cored arch and gas metal arc welding process. Learn to layout, cut, prepare, fit-up, and weld together metal to repair parts and fabricate projects using the flux cored arch welding (FCAW) and gas metal arch welding (GMAW). This class may include students from multiple sections.
WELD 130; enrollment on space-available basis
- Define Flux Cored Arc Welding and Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of Flux Cored Arc Welding and Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- Explain the difference between fully and semi-automatic welding.
- Name the industries where Flux Cored Arc Welding and Gas Metal Arc Welding are used the most.
- Learn the set up and operation of each component of both wire feed processes.
- Safety practices specific to working with electricity, shielding gases, and other welding hazards.
- Perform various types of welds and weld joints.
- Describe techniques and procedures for all positions.