HSSA 145 : TEACHING SKILLS FOR COUNSELORS
Facts about alcohol and other drug use and abuse and skills to impart these facts in a counseling environment. Includes physical effects and behavioral attitudes, family systems, health and safety, drinking and driving, treatment resources, and responsible decision-making. Offered for continuing professional education; highly recommended as an elective. Recommended: HSSA& 101 and HSSA 105.
- Discuss insight into ADIS philosophy.
- Identify facts about alcohol and other drug use.
- Identify seven steps of effective decision-making.
- Develop curriculum planning and instructional skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of lesson plan development, classroom instruction and management.
- Demonstrate teaching methods used in ADIS environment.
At a Glance
Program: Addiction Studies