HSSA 145 : Teaching Skills for Counselors
Facts about alcohol and other drug use and abuse and skills to impart these facts in a counseling environment. Includes physical effects and behavioral attitudes, family systems, health and safety, drinking and driving, treatment resources, and responsible decision making. Offered for continuing professional education; highly recommended as an elective.
HSSA& 101 and HSSA 105.
- Discuss insight into ADIS philosophy.
- Identify facts about alcohol and other drug use.
- Identify seven steps of effective decision-making.
- Develop curriculum planning and instructional skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of lesson plan development, classroom instruction and management.
- Demonstrate teaching methods used in ADIS environment.