Knowledge and strategies needed to become more culturally sensitive. Focuses on integration of cultural competence in an AOD curriculum and development of effective prevention messages and treatment modalities within a cultural context while identifying ethnically challenging issues. This class may include students from multiple sections.
HSSA& 101 or instructor permission
- Define cultural diversity in a therapeutic environment.
- Identify cultural differences in a treatment setting.
- Report basic facts regarding cultural competency.
- Develop awareness of ethnically-challenging issues in a helping environment.
- Distinguish between various cultural needs within a treatment milieu.
- Summarize prevention modalities in a cultural context.