HSSA 172 : Cultural Diversity
Knowledge and strategies needed to become more culturally sensitive. Focuses on integration of cultural competence in an AOD curriculum and development of effective prevention messages and treatment modalities within a cultural context while identifying ethnically challenging issues.
HSSA& 101 or permission of instructor.
- Define cultural diversity in a therapeutic environment.
- Identify cultural differences in a treatment setting.
- Report basic facts regarding cultural competency.
- Develop awareness of ethnically-challenging issues in a helping environment.
- Distinguish between various cultural needs within a treatment milieu.
- Summarize prevention modalities in a cultural context.