Emphasis on learning to deal with issues specific to the counselor’s personal challenges. Offered for continuing professional education. Recommended for ongoing counselor certification. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Identify categories of self- defeating behavior.
- Gain personal insight into counselor role.
- Assess counselor professional readiness.
- Develop awareness of stress management techniques.
- Apply holistic awareness in counselor role.
- Summarize effective self-care plan.