Exploration/emphasis on the application of the ASAM criteria in chemical dependency case management and record keeping. This class may include students from multiple sections.
HSSA 150 and instructor permission
- Manage the treatment of an entire patient case, including the following: Assessment and Diagnosis; Admission to treatment; Treatment Planning Process; Plan Implementation; and Progress Evaluation and Discharge.
- Complete a patient chart reflecting entire process for personal referrals.
- Define the functions and responsibilities of a Case Manager in the treatment setting.
- Implement the Case Management role, including advocacy and referral functions as a component in client care and record keeping.
- Identify resources in their respective community through the development of a functional directory to include sources and contact information.