AOS 101 : DIGITAL LITERACY
Computer concepts content focuses on what skills are needed to be successful digital citizens in college and beyond. Introduction to word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and databases. Additional topics: the Internet, computers and mobile devices, programs and web apps, digital safety and security. Interactive training and skill-based assessments are completed in a virtual environment; projects are based on real-world business situations. Recommended: Touch keyboarding skills.
- Use cognitive and technical skills to find and evaluate digital technologies.
- Explain the effect of digitization on intellectual property, freedom of speech, privacy, and ethics.
- Describe the processes used to connect and communicate online.
- Describe computing components, capabilities, storage, and operating systems.
- Describe the transmission process of wired and wireless communication.
- Analyze the personal and global effect of current and emerging technologies.
At a Glance
Program: Administrative Office Systems