Develop writing skills with a step-by-step approach to identify and use parts of speech, punctuation, capitalization, and numbers correctly; write effective sentences and paragraphs. Results of digital self-diagnostic exercises create individualized study plans and learning paths. This class may include students from multiple sections.
Touch keyboarding skills.
- Identify parts of speech and how they function in sentences.
- Write complete sentences avoiding fragments, comma splices, and run-ons.
- Use nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections correctly in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate realistic applications of current usage and style in today’s workplace.
- Demonstrate improved vocabulary, spelling, and editing skills.
- Recognize and create professional business messages that demonstrate correct formats and ideas expressed in clear, concise, and correct English.