AOS 170 : Business Communications
Apply writing skills to a variety of technical and business applications. Exercises and activities introduce the latest business communication practices. Digital coverage of social media and communication; self-recorded videos demonstrate student verbal communication skills.
Touch keyboarding skills.
- Develop or improve the ability to use clear, concise, and grammatically correct language.
- Use appropriate formats in business writing.
- Plan, organize, and revise business messages.
- Write short workplace messages such as email, memos, messaging, blogs, and social networking.
- Format and create a writing plan for common business letters (positive, persuasive, direct claims, complaints, and adjustments).
- Demonstrate an understanding of report writing styles, formatting, purpose, and strategies.
- Develop job search strategies and write employment documents.
- Identify the types of job interviews, questioning strategies, and follow-up.