Painting from past through present. Exploration of intermediate painting techniques, concepts, composition problems. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
ART 110 or permission of instructor.
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in paintings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in paintings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in paintings at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of painting mediums at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrate an ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Develop some cultural awareness of painting practice and history.
- Produce paintings with a focus on aesthetic variation, experimentation, and original work.