Continues technical, formal and critical aspects of painting, with an emphasis on more personal point of view in aesthetic presentation. Encourages more freedom and responsibility in work. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
ART 205 or instructor permission
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in paintings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in paintings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in paintings at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of painting mediums at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate an ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Produce a unified body of work with an artist statement that supports it.
- Identify cultural, historical, and contemporary relevance to the body of artwork produced and present this information and work to the class.