An introduction to the application of financial management principles. Includes the analysis of financial statements for planning and control, cash and capital budgeting, risk and return, capital structure, and financing the short- and long-term requirements of the firm. Students will apply basic tools and techniques used to value a firm and evaluate and fund prospective investment opportunities. This class may include students from multiple sections.
BAS 301 or instructor permission
- Define and apply the basic finance concepts, principles, terminology, and techniques.
- Apply present value concepts to value a business and evaluate potential capital investments.
- Describe working capital management policies.
- Apply tools of financial analysis and planning.
- Demonstrate competency in excel to create a budget of financial and cash forecasting.