BIOL 285 : Native Plant Propagation: Spring
(Formerly BIOL 291C) Learn how to propagate native plants for local restoration projects. Through hands on training, students will propagate native plants from seed and live cuttings. Plants produced for this class will be used for various revegetation projects in the Olympic National Park and other Olympic Peninsula restoration projects. (E)
Eligibility for both ENGL& 101 and MATH 090/091
BOT 101L, BOT 260 and BOT 261 recommended but not required.
- Understand the complexities of running a native plant nursery.
- Demonstrate an ability to care for young seedlings of native species in a working native plant nursery.
- Demonstrate proper fertilization and watering techniques for native seedlings.
- Formulate potting soils for a variety of native species relative to their ecological needs.
- Develop a planting plan for a restoration project.