Learn how to propagate native plants for local restoration projects. Through hands on training, students will propagate native plants from seed and live cuttings. Plants produced for this class will be used for various revegetation projects on the Olympic Peninsula. BOT 101 recommended but not required. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Formerly BIOL 291C, Elective)
- Understand the complexities of running a native plant nursery.
- Demonstrate an ability to care for young seedlings of native species in a working native plant nursery.
- Demonstrate proper fertilization and watering techniques for native seedlings.
- Formulate potting soils for a variety of native species relative to their ecological needs.
- Develop a planting plan for a restoration project.