BUS 205 : Principles of Management
An introduction to management concepts, including topics of planning, organizing, leading, managing, and motivating available human resources and business assets to optimally and ethically accomplish performance goals.
- Explain and apply the four primary functions of management and how they apply in the operations of a modern enterprise.
- Analyze the ways managers make decisions with regards to planning and controlling business operations.
- Differentiate and evaluate common organizational structures and their affect on company culture.
- Summarize the key motivational factors influencing individual or team performance and how a manager applies these in a leadership role.
- Evaluate the importance of diversity in small, local businesses vs. large global businesses.
- Appraise the importance of entrepreneurism in the modern business environment.