An introduction to management concepts, including topics of planning, organizing, leading, managing, and motivating available human resources and business assets to optimally and ethically accomplish performance goals. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Explain and apply the four primary functions of management and how they apply in the operations of a modern enterprise.
- Analyze the ways managers make decisions with regards to planning and controlling business operations.
- Differentiate and evaluate common organizational structures and their affect on company culture.
- Summarize the key motivational factors influencing individual or team performance and how a manager applies these in a leadership role.
- Evaluate the importance of diversity in small, local businesses vs. large global businesses.
- Appraise the importance of entrepreneurism in the modern business environment.