Learn how to become a small business owner. Students will analyze entrepreneurship and perspectives for success in their chosen field or service. Class features business scenario simulations as a key component to entrepreneurialism and start up. Other topics include entrepreneurship life, commitment to integrity, quality performance, innovation, motivations of owning a business, and influences on decision making. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Analyze the importance of small businesses and entrepreneurship in our society.
- Distinguish among the different types and sources of start-up ideas.
- Identify what matters in innovative thinking to generate ideas for business start-ups.
- Describe the characteristics of successful entrepreneurial leaders.
- Develop a business marketing plan.
- Forecast sales and competitive advantages for specific businesses.
- Articulate types of compensation plans, including the use of incentive plans and their use in lean startup practices such as business model experimentation.