Introduction to chemistry covering selected principles and their effect on ourselves and our environment. Intended for non-science majors wishing to improve their science literacy and develop a long-term interest in science. Includes online lab. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Natural Sciences with Lab, Elective)
MATH 90/91 or higher; eligibility for ENGL& 101
- Communication - Distinguish between opinions, interpretations, and solid evidence.
- Quantitative Reasoning - Apply quantitative methods to characterize the behavior of chemical systems.
- Information - Identify and use appropriate reference materials to research a topic related to chemistry.
- Critical Thinking - Analyze data to explain chemical trends.
- Personal & Interpersonal - Synthesize course information and apply it to practical, everyday issues such as climate change, acid rain, air and water pollution, and limited resources on Planet Earth.