This course focuses on the quantitation of dynamic chemical systems: equilibrium, acid-based reactions, electrochemistry, kinetics, and nuclear reactions. This course builds on the content developed in CHEM& 162. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
2.0 or higher in CHEM& 162 or instructor permission
- Communication - Distinguish between opinions, interpretations, and solid evidence with regard to chemical systems.
- Quantitative Reasoning - Apply quantitative methods to characterize dynamic chemical systems (equilibrium, electrochemistry, and kinetics).
- Information - Utilize the scientific method to explore chemical systems.
- Critical Thinking - Describe chemical systems in terms of composition and changes.
- Personal & Interpersonal - Define chemistry as a scientific study of matter and its impact on society and everyday life.