ECED& 139 : Administration of ECE Programs
This course will help students develop administrative skills required to develop, open, operate, manage, and assess early childhood education and care programs. Students will explore techniques and resources available to Washington State licensing and NAEYC standard compliance.
- Articulate early learning program philosophies, mission statements, and corresponding daily practice.
- Create program policies and practices in compliance with state child care licensing codes, food program guidelines, and accreditation standards.
- Plan for appropriate staffing, meals, equipment and materials and programing for specific age groups and settings.
- Use a variety of strategies to maintain regular communication with families and provide opportunities for parent engagement and education.
- Plan a balanced budget.
- Identify methods for recruiting, hiring, evaluating, supervising, and supporting the professional development of program personnel.
- Use tools to evaluate program effectiveness and identify areas of improvements.
- Articulate effective application of the NAEYC Code of Ethics.