Investigate learning theory, program planning, and methods for curriculum development promoting language, fine/gross motor, social-emotional, cognitive and creative skills and growth in young children birth through age 8 utilizing developmentally appropriate practice. This class may include students from multiple sections. STARS approved.
- Explain major early childhood curriculum theories and current trends in curriculum design for early learning environments.
- Apply principles of developmentally, individually and culturally appropriate practice when designing, implementing and evaluating curriculum.
- Evaluate integrated learning experiences supportive of children’s development and learning incorporating national, state and local standards.
- Design curriculum that supports children’s language/communication, cognitive, social/emotional, fine/gross motor and creative development.
- Design curriculum that is inclusive and represents the diversity of children and families.
- Plan developmentally appropriate activities and schedules, which promote all children’s growth and learning.
- Observe, document and assess individual and group needs, interests and skills for the purpose of curriculum planning and on-going modifications of plans.