ECED& 190 : OBSERVATION AND ASSESSMENT
Collect and record observation of and assessment data on young children in order to plan for and support the child, the family, the group and the community. Practice reflection techniques, summarizing conclusions and communicating findings.
- Describe reasons for collecting observation and assessment data.
- Identify indicators of growth, development, learning and social behaviors in all children.
- Identify techniques for avoiding bias, judgments, and assumptions in observations.
- Collect factual, descriptive data using a variety of assessment tools and strategies.
- Document and analyze assessment data for use in planning curriculum for individual and groups of children.
At a Glance
Program: Early Childhood Education