ENGL& 102 : Composition II
Reading and writing using analytical and critical approaches. One or more research papers. Builds on concepts introduced in ENGL& 101. This class will include students from multiple sections. (CC)
2.0 or better in ENGL& 101.
- Demonstrate an ability to follow the writing process of prewriting, drafting, revising, editing.
- Compose thesis-centered, well-organized essays that use correct grammar and mechanics with purpose, style, and voice.
- Demonstrate an ability to research academic sources and apply quotes and information from reliable sources to writing assignments.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize plagiarism and apply proper citation format for secondary sources.
- Discuss an author’s main point and supporting details in professional essays, assigned readings, and classmates’ essays.
- Evaluate stylistic choices, rhetorical strategies, logical explanations, and supporting evidence in professional essays, assigned readings, and classmates’ essays.
- Apply self-assessment to evaluate knowledge and skills in reading, writing, and research.
- Demonstrate good listening skills and tolerate different viewpoints.