Survey of British literature from diverse periods. Selections will vary by quarter but will include classic and influential texts. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
ENGL& 101 or instructor permission
- Read literature with insight.
- Formulate verbal responses to literature.
- Acquire knowledge about major British authors and their works.
- Acquire a sense of how English developed as a language.
- Hone research skills.
- Increased pleasure from reading literature.
- Increased appreciation for all the arts.
- Increased knowledge of self and world.
- Increased wisdom.
- Increased sensitivity to diversity and other people.