ENGL& 236 : CREATIVE WRITING I
Beginning writing in fiction and poetry, other modes by request. Workshop approach, with discussion of work by class members and instructor. Reading of contemporary fiction, poetry, and theory. (E)
- Compose beginning works in poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, drama, and/or other genres.
- Demonstrate an ability to participate in workshops by giving and received substantive feedback.
- Demonstrate an ability to revise works in response to workshop feedback and personal choice.
- Construct a portfolio of 10-25 pages of polished work.
- Analyze creative work by professional writers.
- Demonstrate good listening skills and tolerate different viewpoints.
At a Glance
ENGL& 101 or permission of instructor.