ENGL& 237 : Creative Writing II
Advanced creative writing using workshop approach. Genres offered vary by quarter and instructor. (E)
ENGL& 236 or permission of instructor.
- Compose beginning works in poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, drama, and/or other genres.
- Demonstrate an ability to participate in workshops by giving and received substantive feedback.
- Demonstrate an ability to revise works in response to workshop feedback and personal choice.
- Construct a portfolio of 15-30 pages of polished work.
- Analyze creative work by professional writers.
- Demonstrate good listening skills and tolerate different viewpoints.