Theme-based study of selected masterpieces of American literature in context. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
ENGL& 101 or instructor permission
- Read works of American literature that connect through a specific theme.
- Analyze and discuss works of American literature in relation to major historical events.
- Explain the cultural and political contexts for works of American literature.
- Demonstrate effectively, in writing, knowledge and understanding of assigned readings and the theme that connects them.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively conduct research related to course readings and themes.
- Demonstrate appropriate vocabulary/terminology in regards to literary analysis.