An examination of literary works from a variety of cultural perspectives. Contemporary texts and local guest speakers from different cultures increase students’ awareness and understanding of the values, beliefs, stories, interests, and experiences of those cultures. Students define their own cultural identity and participate in service learning. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
- Analyze issues from a variety of different cultural perspectives and compare content of readings to our own time and lives.
- Evaluate assumptions and support opinions with evidence, details, and examples.
- Analyze literary texts from thematic, cultural, and stylistic perspectives.
- Interpret information from literary texts, incorporate that information into essays, and document sources correctly.
- Demonstrate collaborative learning.